- Chef Brad: Grain Education and Tips - If you are looking for how to use grains in your cooking, check this site out. He is a whole-foods genius.
- The Prudent Homemaker - Learn how to live on your food storage and save money. Love her!
- Store This, Not That - Recipes and ides on using food storage in your everyday cooking.
- Food Storage Made Easy - Food storage and emergency preparedness ideas using baby steps.
- My Food Storage Cookbook - Recipe ideas using your food storage.
- Peace of Preparedness - Resource library with great ideas. Californians will also find this useful.
- Pick Your Own - All about home canning, freezing and making jams and jellies.
"Emergency Food Storage in a Nutshell" by Leslie Probert, Lisa Harkness, $25.95. Excellent!!
FOOD STORAGE SUPPLIERS
- LDS Home Storage Center - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has several Home Storage Centers across the United States and Canada. These centers allow church members, and their non-member friends, to can dry food in #10 cans and Mylar bags for long-term storage. You may also buy large bags of these products to put in your own storage containers. Long-term storage is Step 4 of the home storage suggestions found in the pamphlet "All Is Safely Gathered In: Family Home Storage" which is encouraged by Church leaders. Click the link above and call to for hours and availability.
- LDS Home Storage Center Order Form This is the list of items you may can and prices.
- Alpine Food Storage (Utah)
- Augason Farms (Utah, but does ship)
- Emergency Essentials (Utah, but does ship)
- Honeyville Grain (Utah, but does ship)
- Rainy Day Foods - A division of Walton Feed in Idaho
- The Ready Store (Utah, but does ship)
- FEMA - Disaster mitigation, preparedness, response, recovery, education, and references.
- American Red Cross - Site has information on preparing for emergencies, blood donations, and more.
- CDC - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention teaches you about public health issues, emergency preparedness, travel safety and many other important items for your family.
- CERT - Community Emergency Response Teams training so you can help your community during a disaster.
- DropCoverandHoldon.org - Teach your family about earthquake preparedness.
- NOAA - National Weather Watch - Hurricane and flood safety.
- Utah Earthquake Preparedness Handbook - This booklet will help you prepare yourself for an earthquake.