1. Inventory Blankets
- Many of us have blankets, but have you ever taken an inventory of them? Look throughout your house to see if you have enough. What is enough, you say? Well, if you didn't have heat this winter, can you keep yourself warm with your blankets? If you child's favorite blanket gets dirty, is there another one to replace it? Decide what the right number of blankets is for your family.
2. Inventory Pajamas, Sweaters and Coats
- This week look over your pajamas, sweaters, sweatshirts, jackets and coats. Do you have the right size for each child? Has their size changed, or has your size changed?
- Is it time to buy a new coat? Is your coat adequate to keep you warm and dry if you had to sleep in your car?
- There are many great sales on these clothing items this time of year. Take advantage of those sales and stock up for your family.
3. Add Warm Clothing to Your 72-Hour Kit
If you live where winters are cold, add some of these items to your 72-hour kit:
- emergency blanket
- hand and foot warmers. Costco and Amazon usually have a big box of these for a decent price. Add some to your kit and keep some in a cupboard for other winter uses.
- If you store your kits near your coats, it will make it easy to grab and go if needed.
Enjoy cuddling up this week!
The Food Storage Organizer