Here is what we are working on this week:
INVENTORY: Oils and Fats. Things like vegetable oil, olive oil, shortening, butter, peanut/almond butter, Nutella, etc. I include mayonnaise and salad dressing with my condiment inventory. Count what you have. Decide what you need.
3-MONTH FOOD STORAGE per person:
canned Pork, Spam, Vienna Sausages or Ham-type products - 6 ea.
2-WEEK'S WATER: Accumulate 14 gallons of water per person (or 4x24 ct. cases per person). (Check the current case lot sale at Smith's, $2.50 for a 24 ct. case of Kroger.)
EMERGENCY FUND: Add $2.00 or more per person each week.
HOME STORAGE: Lip balm (Buy in bulk at Sam's Club Chapstick variety 11 ct. is $9.98 or .91 ea. for home and emergency kits below)
72-HOUR KIT: Lip balm
AUTO EMERGENCY KIT: Lip balm
EQUIPMENT: Pry bar
PREP GOAL: Strap water heater to wall.
For the complete September list, go to this post.
How to Use This List:
1. Decide on a monthly home storage budget.
2. Decide what you want to gather or do from the list.
3. Multiply amounts by number of family members.
4. Adjust amount for younger children.
5. Adapt, adapt, adapt. These are only suggestions. Pick and choose.
6. Each week look for store sales that match your goals.
7. Carry your list with you or put it on your cell phone notepad.
You are never behind if you take one step forward!