Here is what we are working on this week:
INVENTORY: Water. Count what you have. Decide what you need.
3-MONTH FOOD STORAGE per person:
Lemon juice - 4 oz. (If buying for a family, buy a larger container.)
Vinegar - 8 oz. (If buying for a family, buy a larger container.)
Olives - 1 can
2-WEEK'S WATER: Accumulate 14 gallons of water per person (or 4x24 ct. cases per person). Utah sales on 24 ct case: Smith's Kroger water, $2.00, ends 7/24. Stock up! Check you store's weekly ad online here.
EMERGENCY FUND: Add $2.00 or more per person each week.
HOME STORAGE: Cotton balls, 1 bag
72-HOUR KIT: Work gloves.
AUTO KIT: Car fuses.
PREP GOAL: Test smoke detectors.
How to Use This List:
1. Decide on a monthly home storage budget.
2. Decide what you want to gather or do from the list.
3. Multiply amounts by number of family members.
4. Adjust amount for younger children.
5. Adapt, adapt, adapt. These are only suggestions. Pick and choose.
6. Each week look for store sales that match your goals.
7. Carry your list with you or put it on your cell phone notepad.
8. Here is a link to all of the lists.
You are never behind if you take one step forward!