MACEY'S DEALS end May 29th!
- Heinz Tomato Ketchup, 40 oz. $1.99 use .50/1 (06-19-12) SS-5/20 $1.49
- Kraft BBQ Sauce, 18 oz. $.99 use $1/2 (06-06-12) SS-5/6 $.49
- Kraft Salad dressings, 14-16 oz. $1.67 use $1/2 (06-17-12) SS-5/20 $1.17
- Western Family Mustard, 20 oz. $.79
- Western Family Ketchup, 24 or 20 oz. $.79
- Western Family Water 24 ct. 16.9 oz. $2.50
SMITH'S (Kroger) DEALS end May 29th!
- Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce, 18 oz $1.00
- Best Foods Mayo, 16.5 oz or 30 oz $2.99 use $1/1 (06-17-12) RP-5/20 pay $1.99
- Heinz Ketchup, 32-40 oz , $1.88 use .50/1 (06-19-12) SS-5/20 pay $1.38
SAM'S CLUB or COSTCO
- Kraft Parmesan Cheese, 24 oz. $7.84 (Sam's Club) .33 per ounce
- Kraft Parmesan Cheese, 16 oz. $5.35 (Costco) .33 per ounce
- Great Value Parmesan Cheese, 8 oz. $2.64 (Walmart) .33 per ounce
Caution! Do not store condiments in your garage where temperatures fluctuate. I really don't recommend putting food in a garage at all. Get your non-foods out of the kitchen and put them in the garage, and make space for food storage in your kitchen or other parts of your home. Every 10 degree increase in temperature will reduce the shelf life of food substantially.
MAY FOCUS, Week #21
Condiments, Spices, Pet 72-Hour kits (click for monthly list)
EMERGENCY FUND: Set aside $2.00 or more per person this week and all year long.
2-WEEK WATER SUPPLY: Accumulate 14 gallons per person (or 4x24 ct. cases of bottled water per person) for drinking/cooking, and more water in containers for hygiene, cleaning, toilet flushing, etc. If you already have this, move on.
3-MONTH FOOD STORAGE: 1x8 oz. salad dressing (like Kraft, etc.) AND 1x8 oz. mayonnaise or Miracle Whip AND 1x4 oz. Parmesan cheese. (These amounts may sound small, so multiply by number of family members - For instance a family of 4 may want 2x16 oz. bottles of dressing for a 3-month supply or 8x16 oz. bottles for a year supply.)
NON-FOOD: Foil. Use for outdoor emergency cooking.
INVENTORY: Count your beverages. Put any items you need to use up on your kitchen counter. Decide how much more you need to gather.
72-HOUR KIT: Washcloth. Check Dollar Tree or use an old one you already have.
AUTO KIT: Washcloth. Check Dollar Tree or use an old one you already have.
EQUIPMENT: Dutch oven and tools. If this is a first time purchase, don't go overboard. Just get the basics. I've heard Lodge is a great brand. Note: Avoid using bargain brand or self-light charcoal because they don't cook as long.
PREPAREDNESS GOAL: Collect Dutch oven recipes. I'm not an expert, but I like the Dutch Oven 101 section at DutchOvenUniversity.com.
MY CURRENT GIVEAWAY: Four lucky winners will receive my upcoming "12-Month Food Storage Organizer." Go here for more details.