Thursday, June 11, 2009
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Adapted from LyndasRecipeBox.blogspot.com
1 1/4 c. flour (I used 1/2 c. wheat, and 3/4 c. white)
1 c. oatmeal, quick or old fashioned
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt, optional
2/3 c. low-fat buttermilk (Put 2 t. vinegar in 2/3 c. milk. I used skim shelf milk. Stir.)
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. honey
1 egg, lightly beaten (or add 2 T. dry egg to dry ingredients, 2 T water to wet ingredients)
1/2 c. regular or 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease, or paper cup, 12 muffin or 6 large muffin pan.
2. By hand, mix flour, oats, baking powder, soda and salt in bowl.
3. In another bowl combine buttermilk, oil, honey and egg and mix well.
4. Then add wet ingredients to dry mixture, and chocolate chips. Mix until just blended. Do not over mix!
5. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups, about 1/2 full.
6. Add a few more chocolate chips to the top of muffins and sprinkle with sugar.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes. Remove muffins from pan after about 5 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
Made these this morning. Finger-licken good! Passed with 5 stars in my family. 100% food storage ingredients.
Printable pdf doc. of recipe