I've created a simple Food Storage for College Students spreadsheet to give you some ideas and what you can gather. It's important to be self-reliant. You never know when an emergency might happen such as job loss, a power outage. or a disaster. The list is great for singles not in college as well!
You'll probably want to have a 72-Hour Kit, and an auto emergency kit (if you have a car). Parents can help with these items at the beginning of the school year, or ask for them for Christmas since they can be pricey.
Now let's talk about how to create a food storage supply. It's easy!
- Look over the list and decide what you want to store.
- Change items based on your preferences.
- Stock up on non-perishables at the beginning of each school year, or semester.
- Talk to your roommates about sharing staple food. (rice, flour, sugar, and spaghetti, etc.)
- Store what you have room for.
- Store food under your bed.
- Don't forget some emergency water. Can you fit a case of bottled water under your bed?
- Ask Mom for canned food you can bring to school.
- Store what you eat, eat what you store.
- Yes, you eat your food.
- Buy some more when you need it.
- The goal is to stock up, eat, and stock some more.
Food Storage for College Students pdf
Food Storage for College Students xlxs